Imagine an aesthetical experience that hits you in the deepest of your hart and
helps you to get closer to God. This is the aim of the study day of the VWHLL
(which stands for Flemish Workgroup of Contemporary Latin Liturgy) on Sunday 30
September 2018 in Antwerp, Belgium.
At 11:15 a.m. H. Mass sung in Latin (according to the missal of 2002),
ad orientem, where the vocal ensemble Wishful Singing will enhance the beauty of
the liturgy, Saint James church (Sint-Jacob, Lange Nieuwstraat 73) of Antwerp.
At 12:30 p.m. a lunch will be served in a hotel nearby (Keizerstraat 63): either a
three-course menu (@ € 50 pp), or a bread meal with a bowl of soup (@ € 12
pp). Registration (see below) is necessary for lunch.
At 2:30 p.m., at the same place, a panel (entrance: € 8 pp) will take place about
“Via Pulchritudinis, Beauty, a pathway leading to God”, with:
- Selina De Maeyer, photographer and filmmaker, who will present her
short film—twice awarded—about Eucharist Come and See,
- some of the singers of the vocal ensemble Wishful Singing,
- Angeline Flor Pua, Miss Belgium 2018,
- Kevin Colle, European gemmologist,
- the proclamation of the winner of the First Contest of Short Films Granda about “Via Pulchritudinis, Beauty, a pathway leading to God”
At 4:30 p.m., back in the church, Gregorian vespers will be sung, with adoration and blessing of the Most Holy Sacrament, and followed by a cup of coffee.
Registration must happen before 22 September 2018, by bank transfer to the account of the VWHLL (see address below), IBAN: BE97 8900 2429 0649,
BIC: VDSP BE91, mentioning the number of persons for:
- lunch with three-course menu (€ 50 per person)
- lunch with bread meal with a bowl of soup (€ 12 per person)
- panel (€ 8 per person)
- simultaneous translation to English for the panel (free)
Registration is necessary for lunch and simultaneous translation.